Another big thank you to everyone that supported the Evie Fest this month.
It was great to see so many people enjoying themselves. We always said when it was started last year that we wanted it to be a day for the community to come together as well as a fund raising day for Lashes which hopefully it achieved
We also have been busy on grants since the last updated on May 13th 2023 (The day of the White Night..doesn’t time fly!) – In this time we have had 44 grant requests
To date, we have now received 268 grant requests since we became a registered charity in Jan 2022.
Since our last update, because of the support you all give us, we have been able to continue to help local people and groups in our local community.
To name a few over the past few weeks:
· Supported individuals with initial urgent mental health counselling sessions following trauma and bereavement. We have also helped a 15, 11, and 16 year old who are all finding life tough at the moment with mental health support
· A local rugby league club who are setting up new women’s team, and U14, 15, & 16's girls teams where we helped towards some new goal posts
· Supported a local school and their anti bullying ambassadors with benches for their anti bullying area which they have set up so children are able to talk
· We have helped a local dance school with the purchase of a ballet bar for the children
· We have helped a local boxing club with essential head gear for thier young boxers
· We have supported a new girls football team in Blidworth with a new kit and also a new girls football team in Mansfield
· Helped a young mum who has fled domestic abuse with bed and mattress for her children to save them sleeping on the floor and also another two mums who have had to leave their home with some essentialfurniture items, working alongside the furniture project in Ollerton
· Supported the Footprints Centre with pool hire costs so they can run some sessions for disabled families locally at the swimming pool
· Have donated to kick start a campaign to get a local disabled girl a new all terrain wheelchair
· Supported a homeless man who has managed to turn his life around and get a new home with a washer which he desperately needed
· Supported a request from a midwife who’s patient was 38 weeks pregnant, had fled abuse and had no money for children clothes – we supported with some essentials for the baby once born
· Support some playing equipment for a severely autistic child so he can play safely at home
· Supported a local swimming club with much needed swimming aids to help people to learn to swim
Thank you to everyone that continues to support us via volunteering, major donors, monthly donors, those attending one of our events, buys or donates something from Lashes HQ, buys a raffle ticket and just gives us that support and encouragement to keep on doing what we do for the community. You are all absolutely fantastic and are helping make a difference to the community
Just Like Evie did…